Sunday, 19 April 2009

Experimentation 2

Here are some more experimental pieces that I have done to practise or make purposeful mistakes to learn from.

video

This run was intended to have more of cartoony feel to it that previous efforts. Almost like a 'dad run' its only a simple bounce step, but if I repeated it and finished onto the other foot with the same amount of feel I think it would amount to a good little run. I didn't plan it too well though and ran out of screen before he could hop to the other foot :P


video

I drew this funny little dog and decided to give him a quick walk. I had been watching some French test reels and had really liked the way that the images seemed to move...but you could see they were staying on the spot. It was a really stylised looked...but with a sliding perspective background this walk is quite fun, even though its pretty untidy.

video

This may look like a walk with no inbetweens and that is because it is. I wanted to try and experiment with how much action you could get between key frames without any inbetweens, so that I knew in future how much I could get away with. It turned out not much, as I expected. Still it was a valuable lesson to learn.

No comments: